<![CDATA[I couldn't end the year without a mega deck on what has happened to the Blockchain in Financial Services, given my involvement in that industry. So, over the past 2 weeks, I put together this 67-slide deck that talks about what I'm seeing, and what I'm predicting for 2016. This isn't a survey of the marketplace that re-hashes known data points. Rather, it contains insights and strategic thoughts. It covers:
- A perspective on how FinTech started and linking that to the blockchain’s advent: were banks ready?
- Outcomes for banking: positive or negative?
- What is the Blockchain? (in simple, business language) – in 1 slide
- Startups and Banks: what kind of relationship? (and some humor in the mix)
- Themes that emerged in 2015 (blockchain vs. bitcoin, integrations, consortia, capital markets, valuations)
- Sector Analysis: Applications and Solutions, Middleware and Services, Infrastructure and Protocols.
- What should banks do? Challenges, Opportunities, Recommendations.
- 2016 Predictions